Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sinclair Laird Elementary School



On April 5, 6 and 7 I worked on a mural project at Sinclair Laird Elementary School in Montreal.

I had the great pleasure of working with Drama Teacher Vicki Theophilopoulos and together we came up with the theme “One Love, One Community”.

The mural was done on plywood and I created a background of buildings that evoked different cultures in order to reflect the diverse background of the students participating.

Vicki did a fantastic job preparing the students for the video - they went as far as selecting costumes and props together for the the chosen Beatle’s song.

I truly love the result and I’m very proud of the students and the teacher for being so engaged in this project.

Thank You and Bravo !!!

Marcio Melo

No comments:

Post a Comment