Monday, January 25, 2010

Mountainview Elementary School 2010



On January 13, 14 and 15, 2010, I worked on a mural project at Mountainview Elementary School in Deux-Montagnes, Quebec. This was my first project of the season and I really liked it!
The Mural was done on a series of lockers that were beautifully primed on white.
I decided to compose my background drawing taking in consideration the fact that these lockers create both a sense of continuity ( when the doors are closed) or isolation ( when the doors are open).
The result is a series of framed spaces where the students placed their images, emphasizing their individuality.
The filming of the Video provided the students with innumerable acting possibilities. When the doors are open ,the lockers create an accordion effect allowing the students to go in or come out of it, creating these interactive spaces.
The music used in this video is absolutely wonderful and create a sense of timelessness around this experience. I hope you'll enjoy it!
Marcio Melo

No comments:

Post a Comment